Sunday, May 16, 2010

Star Chat With Seo In-gook! Post-Interview Comments...



Take 1



Take 2

Hope you all enjoyed our latest Star Chat on KBS World Radio's KPI show! It was with the winner of the 2009 Super Star K Contest, Seo In-gook!

He was an absolute pleasure to interview. He was there on time (I must point out that though this may seem like a given thing, it's very rare in Korea...and more importantly in Korean stars!) with his manager. He was very polite and very humble. Gave the 90 degree bow and everything (If you're wondering what a 90 degree bow is, refer to my BEAST post-interview entry!). He shared that he was very nervous because the interview was in English, but he was very friendly and just had that positive, youthful aura about him. Haha...if that even makes any sense.

Before we started, we had about five minutes of time while my producer and the sound/visual engineer was prepping the studio. I asked Seo In-gook what his schedule has been like lately. He said because he's actively promoting his new song ("사랑해U" or "I Love U"), he's very busy. He had a radio interview before ours and he had to go immediately to prep for another live performance that evening. I asked him if he had time to eat dinner and he said that he'd probably have like a gimbap or something while waiting in between performances. Gimbap is like a Korean version of Sushi. It's considered fast food for Koreans. I asked him if he could see his friends often, and he said no which was what he missed most about his pre-celebrity days. He was very mature...very TALL! Very bright and just well-mannered. Overall, I was very impressed by him. He really couldn't speak a lick of English, but the interview was still interesting (or I felt!). We were a bit short on time (not so much because he was busy, but because we didn't have much time left on the show!), so I didn't get to ask him everything I wanted to ask him...but such is life. ^^

He took pictures and signed an autograph for my mother who's currently visiting Korea and tagged along with me for the interview. Then him and his manager, left...and that was that!

For those of you who missed the interview, check out world.kbs.co.kr. Click on "Entertainment" and then you'll see "Star Chat" along the left. That has all our old Star Chats. Just to do a recap on the interviews that I'VE done: BEAST, Secret, One Way, and now Seo In-gook. There were plenty of other interviews done by previous hosts (i.e. 2PM, 2AM, Super Junior, Girls Generation, Davichi, etc.). Also, DJ Young did one for the trot singer Park Hyun-bin as well. So definitely peruse through them to learn more about some of your favorite kpop stars!

11 comments:

  1. I listened to KPop Connection this morning via shortwave radio. I loved the music from this artist, but each time you were about to mention Seo In Gook's name, the signal faded out. It was driving me crazy! So a big THANK YOU to you for providing information on your blog!! I especially loved his song "Calling You". Now I will be able to go out on the internet to find where I can buy his music.

    Thanks again!
    Chris - Indiana, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to read your posted about New idol from Korea.
    Heard ur comment about him, woww..yeah..he is nice person. hope his new album will be success.
    Thanks Angie~ aza aza hwaiting..
    ~HERMIN_SKY~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. gejala hepatitis It help me very much to solve some problems. Kaminomoto
    Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. jasa seo , Osk Nusadana and shorebase service I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just desired to let you know, I enjoyed this blog post.here

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's been my idol from the start i saw him till now. He's my heartrider..
    An old or new? Just wanna tell my feeling towards him.Saranghae Gukkie aa

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's been my idol from the start i saw him till now. He's my heartrider..
    An old or new? Just wanna tell my feeling towards him.Saranghae Gukkie aa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The net will be bogged straight down together with fake sites without genuine concept nevertheless the submit has been great and also worth the particular examine. Many thanks regarding revealing this kind of with me at night.
    business address services

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! free backlink generator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your insight on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    1st page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a very good article on how to handle the future technology. After reading your post,thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about and I love learning more about this topic
    SEO Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete