Thursday, March 15, 2012

Words Behind The Music: Im Jeong-hee's 나 돌아가 / I'm Going Back

나 돌아가 / I’m Going Back
-J. Lim (Im Jeong-hee)



제발 가지마 붙잡는 널 놔두고
Please don't leave. leave you who's holding on
돌아서 여기까지 왔어
having turned away and come this far
힘들었지만 잘한 결정이라
it was hard, but i think it was a well-made decision
몇 번씩 스스로 되새기면서 걸어갔어
I dwelled on it several times while walking

걸어가는데 자꾸 한숨이 나오고
while walking, sighs kept coming out
가슴이 점점 답답해져
my chest started to feel more and more suffocated
지금 막 헤어져서 그럴 거라
"it's because you just broke up"
조금 더 멀어지면 괜찮겠지 했지만
"if you get a bit further, it'll be ok" i would tell myself


나 나돌아가 다시 너에게로
but i'm going back to you again
발걸음을 돌려 지금 가고 있어
i turned in my tracks and am going now
깨달았어 멀어지면 멀어질수록
i realized the further i get away
더 아파지는 내 가슴을 보며
my heart will only hurt more

걷는데 점점 발이 무거워지고
i'm walking but my steps become more and more heavier
아픈 건 계속 번져만 가
the pain just keeps spreading
결국 더 이상 앞으로 갈수가 없어서
finally i end up not being to go any further
널 떠날 수 없단 걸 알았어 그래서
i realized i can't leave you and so




이러다 말겠지 좀더가면 다 벗어날 수 있겠지
it'll get better after awhile. if i continue a bit more, i can escape it.
그런데 가면 갈수록 잊으려고 할수록
but the more i go, the more i try to forget
내 가슴이 자꾸 뒤를 돌아봐
my heart keeps turning around and looking back



이런 날 아직까지도 넌 기다릴지
will you still be waiting for this me?

8 comments:

  1. Hey Angie,

    Thanks for playing my song request on Saturday.
    I didn't know Im Jeong Hee had a new song out. I tried to find the video on youtube, but I couldn't find it. Oh well.
    Have a great week.

    Thanks and God Bless,

    Paul T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ^^ This doesn't have anything to do with this post particularly, but I don't know where else to put this.
    I am going to China this summer for study abroad, and I'm really interested in Korean culture and what not, so I'm debating on going there afterwards until it's time for school to resume. I was thinking about taking up an internship while I'm there, and although my major is economics I'd like to use my knowledge of it towards the entertainment business. I've been reading your blog and what you do really fascinates me. Do you think there'd by any available internships this summer that I could try and get at KBS? Also, I'm only going to be there for a month, so I don't know if that's too short of a time.

    Thanks for reading,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this music and this CD!!! Good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words Behind The Music: Im Jeong-hee's 나 돌아가 / I'm Going Back

    ReplyDelete